Agroittica Lombarda, the largest producer of caviar in Italy, has launched a new line of food products to enter the large international distribution channels.
Cavalier Caviar Club is the new brand created by Agroittica Lombarda specifically for retail worldwide. This brand includes a total of six varieties of Italian caviar and smoked fish products: sturgeon, salmon, tuna, swordfish and trout.
In 2013 Agroittica recorded a turnover of €21.85m and in 2014 this increased by five per cent.
The idea of creating a fish farm came about when the founders saw the opportunity to make the most of the water used in their steel mill for the steel cooling process. Using a heat exchanger, the surplus heat generated during the steel making process was used to warm up pure spring water, creating an optimal habitat for some fish species, including the Pacific White Sturgeon.
Lelio Mondella, General Director of Agroittica Lombarda told Doitbetter:
“Our objective is to work in partnership with other companies to export our Italian caviar to key markets such as China, Brazil and the United Arab Emirates”.
Agroittica Lombarda already exports Italian caviar to Russia, France, the USA, the UK and Japan and it is served in first class on a number of airlines namely: Lufthansa, Thai Airways and Singapore Airlines.
Currently, Agroittica Lombarda sells its product under two brand names: Calvisius and Cavalier Caviar Club. Calvisius is the top line range produced for top-end restaurants and delicatessens.
In retail, the company offers the new brand Cavalier Caviar Club which also includes the new smoked fish products.
Ninety-five per cent of Italian caviar production is exported worldwide and total production per year is estimated to be 40 tonnes. Agroittica Lombarda produces about 25 tonnes of caviar each year.
The company was recently awarded the “Friend of the Sea” label that rewards sustainable fish farming and helps safeguard fish species.
Italian Caviar goes Global speed read
– Italian caviar producer has launched a new line to enter the large international distribution channels.
– Agroittica Lombarda recorded a turnover of €21.85m and in 2014 this increased by five per cent.
– Ninety-five per cent of Italian caviar production is exported worldwide.
Latest posts by roberto ceccarelli (see all)
- Veronafiere: Launching The Wine To Asia Platform In 2020 - 17th April 2019
- Where to invest in Italy: here is the list of the 500 top-performing companies that are not listed on the stock exchange - 27th March 2019
- A New Player in the Airspace Arena, Air Italy - 22nd February 2018