Garbo is an Italian company specialising in “ready to cook” products for the catering industry. The company is targeting foreign markets with a new line of gluten free frozen products. Recently Garbo opened a new facility in Formello (Rome) which will be used solely for the production of gluten-free products. The new facility with a 19,000 square metres production area became fully operational in May 2015.
This new plant was necessary to strengthen the company’s position in Italy whilst at the same time, entering new international markets such as the USA, China, Japan and the UAE.
In 2014 Garbo posted a turnover of €8.3m.
“The new production plant and the opening of an export office in Italy are the end result of a €2m investment plan – says Andrea Comanducci, founder and owner of Garbo. From June 2015 we will start deliveries of the new food products, we will also be at the Fancy Food trade show in New York“.
Andrea Comanducci, a former policeman, began his business in 1991. At the beginning he was battering and stuffing zucchini flowers by hand following a traditional Roman recipe. As a result, he was able to launch a unique product.
The battering and the filling process of zucchini flowers, about 150 000 pieces a day, says Andre Comanducci “takes place exclusively by hand, only using natural ingredients and without any addition of chemical additives”.
Purchases of raw materials are carried out in the Agropontino area (central Italy) allowing the company direct control over the quality of supplies and greatly reducing the steps in the production chain. The main sales channels of Garbo frozen products are: retailers (25 per cent) and the catering industry (60 per cent).
A second line of the Garbo business is as a co-packer for a number of major Italian retail chains.
International Co-packer Garbo Enters The Gluten Free Food Market speed read
– Garbo opened a new facility with a 19,000 square metres production for Gluten free food. In 2014 Garbo posted a turnover of €8.3m.
– The company aims to strengthen the company’s position in Italy whilst at the same time, entering new international markets such as the USA, China, Japan and the UAE
– The main sales channels of Garbo frozen products are: retailers (25 per cent) and the catering industry (60 per cent).
Latest posts by Editorial staff (see all)
- The Furniture Industry In Italy Is Keeping Up With Payments To Suppliers - 14th June 2016
- Julian Fashion Boosts E-commerce And Launches A New Brand - 2nd May 2016
- Moncaro To Increase Yearly Production Of Organic Wines - 18th April 2016